Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The path

Practicing meditation...
Saying the mantra...
Learning the dharma...
Reading the words of teachers like Pema Chödrön, Thich Nhat Hanh and Jack Kornfield...
Living mindfully...

These things have, in a few short months, radically changed my life. I am happier. The difficulties of life don't get me down the way they used to. I control my emotions and react constructively when other people act in ways that would previously have made me angry, frustrated or disappointed. I control the controllables and let go of the rest with a thoughtful shrug. I feel stronger, more resilient, and yet more vulnerable, empathetic and accepting.

It's not that life itself is easier or simpler. It's not that bad things don't happen, or that people don't do disappointing things. It's just that my view of things and my response to them is more wholesome.

I am glad that I have chosen to walk this path.

Namaste.


No comments: