This is my variation of the traditional Indian dish of ground or minced lamb in a curry gravy.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 cup diced baby red potatoes
1/4 cup minced garlic
1 lb ground lamb
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 cups diced tomatoes
1 can young green peas
1 cup water
1 tsp Mild red curry paste *
1/4 tsp Thai green curry paste *
1 packet Sazón seasoning "con culantro y achiote" *
* Available in the "ethnic" food aisle at your local market
1) Add oil to hot skillet and coat surface evenly.
2) Add ground lamb and cook on medium-high heat until meat is just barely browned
3) Add onions to skillet, saute until onions are translucent
4) Combine lamb, onions and the rest of the ingredients in a large pot.
5) Cook on medium heat until bubbling, then turn heat down and allow to simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow it to boil.
6) Serve over jasmine or brown basmati rice.
Serves 4-6. (Makes great leftovers.)