Monday, February 13, 2006

Shameless plug for an herbal remedy

I came down with a cold this weekend and woke up this morning with a sore throat, achy back and joints and that "run over by a Mack truck" feeling.

So I went down to my local Whole Foods and picked up a Pelargonium sidoides tincture along with some echinacea lozenges, chamomile tea and Emergen-C powder. After having some of the P. sidoides and Emergen-C, I feel better already!

Don't let anyone tell you that modern technomedicine and its megapharmacopeia has all the answers. Human beings have survived for millenia without the benefit of Bayer, Glaxo-Smith Kline, et al.

Now, I think I'll have a cup of chamomile tea and go to bed.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I use echinacea and emrgenc-e. I'll have to look into pelargonium sidoides. TY!