Thursday, January 11, 2007

Maroon Bells

Maroon Bells (located near Aspen, Colorado), has to be one of my favorite places on earth.

Here's a picture of Maroon Bells at sunset in autumn:


And here's a picture of Maroon Bells in winter:


It's a truly amazing place. The beauty of it, and the amazing scale of the two peaks (each over 14,000 feet), fills me with a sense of humble connectedness with the rest of the universe. I love it. It makes me feel proud to be a Coloradan.

One more picture:


Namaste.

5 comments:

They call him James Ure said...

It truly is a beautiful place. Mountains are natural temples of worship. I too am proud to be a Coloradoan.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What beautiful photographs. I really like the first one. Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful place.

My partner and I are planning a trip to Montana and Wyoming for the summer and have discussed other destinations including Colorado. I haven't been to Colorado since I was 11 years old, so seeing some of these beutiful places with camera in hand would be a great experience.

Peace and Joy!

~Amadeus

Anonymous said...

Haven't stopped by in a while, but am I glad I did! These photos are truly gorgeous. I HAVE to visit this spot .... Amazing that some people have it so close to their homes.....

Sujatin said...

Fabulous - what a wonderful place!

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos. I am traveling to Aspen in a week to go skiing. I would like to take a day to take pictures...can I access Maroon Bells in winter like you did? Thanks!
Joe